Spotlight on OER policy in the Global South was produced for the 2nd World OER Congress held in Ljubljana, Slovenia, 18-20 September 2017. This document was created to help explore how policies enable or constrain educators’ adoption of Open Educational Resources (OER) in South America, Sub-Saharan Africa and South and Southeast Asia. It draws from a meta-synthesis of seven ROER4D studies conducted in four countries – Colombia, South Africa, Afghanistan and Mongolia – to illustrate the varied influence that policy has on OER adoption in these diverse national contexts.
- ROER4D project activity toolkit: Networking
- ROER4D open research toolkit: Bibliography
- ROER4D open research toolkit: Meta-synthesis methodology
- ROER4D open research toolkit – Meta-synthesis conceptual and analytical frameworks
- Chapter 16 in profile – OER and OEP in the Global South: Implications and recommendations for social inclusion